How to Train your Dog:
1. Don’t Confuse your Dog – It is essential that your dog is taught from commands of one person that is to be responsible for the initial dog training. The dog will get confused it it is getting too many different commands and from different people and this can stop progress in its tracks.
2. Reward Positivity – You should use positive reinforcements. If the dog does something well you should reward their behavior so that they know that have done something right. If the dog cannot understand or follow your commands don’t push them. Dogs whilst clever are not as intelligent as humans and you must expect them to make mistakes. It takes time and you must understand that they won’t easily come to terms with your commands in just one teaching – it’s about repetition. Do not chastise your dog as they might develop fear which will hinder the learning process and their willingness to be trained. You can reward with doggy treats but don’t overdue it – it needs to be for their special efforts.
3. Progress Slowly – Try to teach them one command at a time. If they cannot absorb it, stick to that one command as adding additional commands will just confuse the dog. Start with the basics.
4. Clear Commands – You commands should be distinct and do try to keep your voice cheerful so that the dog will happily follow your commands. If you shout out loud he may become startled and unresponsive.
5. Vary Training Surroundings – If you keep your dogs in a particular place such as you home you should venture to a different location as they will be able to adjust to different environments and new people. Take them to the park or through the neighborhood. This will help your dog associate with other dogs and people.
Training your dog can sometimes be long and difficult but persevere as you will be rewarded